Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pizza City


It was quite encouraging seeing the sign in English on the left.  So, we decided to go on in and see what it was like for ourselves. We spent about $23 for two salads, pizza, soup, two desserts and two drinks.  We wanted to try something different.  It feels so expensive in comparison to all the other places here.  We normally spend about $10-12 on a meal for all three of us.  We won't be going here very often. 


They issued us menus that were printed in English.  The measurements are in metric.  The prices were in Hryvnia.



This was the greek salad described on the menu above.  This salad was so yummy.  The most unusual thing to me was that they used soy sauce and olive oil for the dressing.  I was ready for something other than mayonnaise or just olive oil at this point.

 
This is mushroom soup.  You can see the onions and dill floating on the top.  This was not as spicy as I thought it would be.  It was a delicious basic soup.

Here's the pizza.  We got the large one.  The extra large looked to my husband as if it was 3 feet in diameter.  It was HUGE!  We got the one that was Salmon and Spinach pizza.  It was quite salty, but good.  Yes, we chose the one with the tomato sauce and not the mayonnaise sauce.  There were only two on the menu to choose from that came with tomato sauce. 
This was my husband's dessert.  The sweet waittress described it as apples in a biscuit.  They really go all out here to decorate their desserts.  I think our little one was most fascinated by the hardened caramel topping standing on its side.  My husband had to guard his dessert.

Ah.. Tiramisu! My favorite. I'm kind of picky when it comes to tiramisu, so I actually like more of the ladyfingers in there than cheese. Nevertheless, it was delicious.

1 comment: